But the mom knows what she's gonna do. . . gaze and gaze in wonder, then gaze in wonder some more!!and 20 3/4" long with long toes and thick hair!
We praise the Lord for a healthy baby and safe delivery. . .There was only one hour of anxiety when we discovered Mary had decided to stick her hand out first and it was blocking her head from descending. The nurses called our wonderful OB, Dr. Jewell, to come back to the hospital, and he prayed for Mary and for wisdom the whole way. After about an hour, he was able to prod her into bringing her hand back to her torso. In 23 years of delivering babies, it was only his 3rd "hand-first" baby. The most beautiful thing was when he immediately gave credit to God and praised Him with us. Praise the Lord for answering our pleas for mercy!
Isn't she perfect? If you want to see more pictures, go to http://picasaweb.google.com/ShannonHathaway/IntroducingMaryAliceHathaway?authkey=Gv1sRgCOac-LD-iJDdCw&feat=directlink.jpg)
9 comments:
congrats! she is beautiful and her hair is amazing!!!! glad you all are doing well. can't wait to see more pics!
Shannon she's beautiful! She looks so much like the boys - you are truly blessed with a lovely family. Congratulations - let me know if you need anything!
Congratulations you guys!! We're grateful that Shannon and Mary are both healthy! She's beautiful!! Delight in the "pink" and all the joys of having a little girl!!
She reminds me of Jonah when he was a little baby!! She's precious!
Love y'all,
cherith
Shannon-
Congralations!!! I LOVE the pictures - especially the ones with you and each of the boys with Mary. Precious. They all look so proud. I love seeing siblings with new babies - makes me cry!!! I think she looks alot like Jonah, but what do I know?! Rest up! I'll be bringing you a meal on Friday, so I'll be checking in.
Julie
Congrats Shannon and Joel! She is absolutely beautiful! Hope you all are doing well! Praise the Lord for little girls! :)
Emily, Matt & Andrew Loveall
Congratulations to all of you!! And, wow, what a head of hair. Have fun!!
She is beautiful. And look at all that hair! I think she stuck her hand out because she was afraid someone was gonna pull her hair if she came head first! We are so excited for you and continue to pray for you in recovery and transition to 6-ness.
She is lovely. I agree that she looks like her brothers, and her mouth looks like Shannon. I love all the photos. Zeke looks like he is just in love with her. So sweet!
Post a Comment