Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just in Case you haven't heard. . .

It's a Girl!!!! We had our 4 mo. ultrasound on last Thursday and were thrilled to find out we have an appropriately sized baby with healthy brain, abdominal and limb measurements, and female anatomy!!! It's a girl!! I can't even believe it. . . we were every bit as surprised as if we had waited until birth to find out. I wept with joy, Joel teared up, and Isaac giggled and chuckled for 30 minutes straight! Isaac's first comment was, "Boy, it's a good thing we have a pink cereal bowl! I've been wishing for a sister since I blew out my 6 year old candles." I guess I'll finally have some pink in my life. . . I still can't believe it. Kudos to Joel for graciously giving up his home office to make a new nursery and "girls room". Lots to do in the months ahead. . . looking at girl names, purging baby boy and toddler boy clothes, painting pink and white into Joel's green office, moving scads of electronics and cables and cords, decluttering and rearranging, collecting pink hand-me-downs. . . Thank you, Lord for a healthy daughter! Please shape these 3 boys into the gentlemen and leaders and protectors she will need them to be!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it! I'm so excited for you guys!! How cute is it that you've already changed your blog layout to be baby-girl-pink?! Are you still thinking about the same girl names or have you added some to your favorites list? Your little princess is definitely a blessing and I know the boys will learn SO much from her.

I'll call you as soon as we get settled OR maybe on the drive over tomorrow to talk about how to handle the holidays :) Please send advice to Goose Creek, SC! (I'll email the address). Love you!

Karen said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! am thrilled for your family and the thought of a baby girl becoming a part of it! can't wait! love you!!

we are the spencers said...

shannon, i just found your blog! congrats on your pregnancy and a GIRL!!!! i am so happy for you all. we are due with another girl feb. 18. pretty close to you! hope you all are doing well.

danielle spencer

Marcie said...

Shannon, that is sooo exciting! Congratulations to all of you Hathaways! Please share my love with your fellas. I need to run take care of my girls. :o)