Like my friend Sara said today, I had "bad management" with this one! I am so sorry especially that I installed the pregnancy widget on my rarely-updated blog before telling the most important people: the grandparents. I've never had a comment on my blog from anyone except Karen Mirabella and Joel, so I truly didn't think anyone ever checked it.
Yes, it's true, I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning before church, and got 2 pink lines!!! I left it on the bathroom counter for Joel to find at his convenience, and sat down to eat my breakfast, somehow feeling gentler and softer than usual. I knew I had a sweet, sweet secret that nobody else had. Well, any of you who know me are aware that I can't keep a secret for long.
Joel finally woke up and came out to the living room, commenting, "I don't know what's wrong with me; I feel soooo tired." I just chuckled under my breath, thinking, "you just wait." He then went into the bathroom, and came right back out, saying, "You stinker. Come translate this thing for me." I grinned and said, "Congratulations". Joel immediately sat down next to me and hugged and kissed me and put his forehead to mine. After praying for me and thanking God for new life, we opened our eyes and realized the kids were still happily oblivious and playing on the living room floor.
I was so proud of myself for telling only Rhonda at church. She is an extremely trustworthy and medically-trained friend who I knew would pray for me without telling anyone else. After church, however, Joel felt strongly that we go ahead and tell the children. As Joel asked the kids what could be different with mommy, Jonah guessed what was going on, and his sparkling eyes erased any concern of mine that he would resent having another person getting into his stuff. (He actually expressed that concern a few months ago when Joel asked everyone how they would feel if God gave us a new baby.) Isaac pinched his nose and made a comment about upcoming stinky diapers, and Zeke was very excited about becoming a big brother. Zeke strongly expressed that he wants a baby girl.
Since the kids found out a few hours after we did, I knew we'd need to start spreading the news before they did. I am only a week late, about 5 weeks pregnant, with a new baby the size of a grain of rice. Please pray for peace for me about this. I am so excited about this baby. . . I have yearned for and prayed for this event for 3 years now, since Zeke was 18 months old. I am a little bit nervous since my cycles have been changing in my thirties, and I think I may have miscarried a year and a half ago. Pray for a strong and healthy baby and for me to give this new child over to the Lord every day. Lord willing, he or she will arrive in mid-March.
Please leave a comment so I can know who has actually read this.
Love,
shannon
8 comments:
i read it! :) yay yay!!!
Yippee! I am so thrilled and excited for you guys. We will be praying for all 6 of you. :o) Congratulations. I will try to call you sometime soon.
Congrats Shannon & Joel! I will pray for your little one! So excited for you all!
~Emily Loveall
Congratulations! I don't even know how I happened upon your blog, but I do check in on it periodically. We'll be praying for all of you!
Julie Bauer
I do read it. Promise.
hip hip HOORAY!!! three cheers for new baby hathaway!!!! that is so exciting... i can't wait to see you and congratulate you in person now!
Delete Comment From: Our Family's Update
Sweetie,
This blogging technology is still pretty new to me, but what a fun way to share your blessings with people all over the world who have access to internet! It's so fun reading about our Hathaway Family and you must know how proud and excited I am that our 7th grandchild will be here in the early part of 2009! I'm praying for you, honey! I love you!
PS - I deleted and then edited my blog name, not realizing the deleted item would still show up! Oh well...I'm learning! Hugs and Kisses! Mom
I'm so excited too! I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt times SEVEN before Jason and I even have a baby of our own, but we are so excited for you and Joel and the boys. We cannot wait until Baby Hathaway 4.0 comes out this Spring!
I LOVE your pregnancy tracker on your blog. You've got to teach Lindsey how to do it so I can keep up with her little dancing bean too!
Tell the boys Aunt Carrie sends her love :)
Post a Comment